Sunday, April 12, 2009

He has risen.

Mesopotamia/Middle East is where it all began. It is hard to believe that the region where Christ lived, preached, and healed is now home to the some of the darkest sin in the world. When I was deployed with the 3rd Battalion 25th Marines in Iraq, one of my duties was to provide security for our F.O.B. (Forward Observation Base.) Whether it was patrolling through the surrounding villages, working with the Iraqi army, or sitting on roof tops, it was my duty to provide some sense of relief to the Marines with other duties.
As I have said before, I enjoy and appreciate a sunrise much more than a sunset. Especially as a Marine trying to provide security in a dark place. I have witnessed the huge ball of fire rise on hundreds of occasions. But one stands out far above the rest.
On Easter morning, the day Christ fulfilled his promise, I took awe at a once in a lifetime sunrise. To me, it was Gods way of saying "I am with you." "This dark and disturbing place you are in right now holds nothing over the power and the ability I have to prepare a way home for you." And that's exactly what this magnificent sunrise was. It was God giving me warmth and the ability to see.
I was moved by the same morning star that rose over the same land when Christ came from the dead to show his power. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Who am I? What do I enjoy doing? And what stage of my life am I in? I don't have an answer to these questions. My goal is for you construct your own opinion of who you think I am through your own observations. Another intention of mine is to reach out to others and help them do something that is difficult. Look at their life and make an assessment. Do we like what we see? Have I made a difference in another persons life? And so on....