Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mitchell Memorial Park

Mitchell Memorial Park is just one of the many places around
Cincinnati that offers awesome trails to hike.
I love and admire the opening days of Spring. They make me so happy.


You can never admire old glory too often. So many men have sacrificed
their lives to give us the freedoms we appreciate today.

There were park rangers touching upon some of the beauties of Gods
creation.

Hank was pretty thirsty after our long walk.

Everyone taking advantage of the wonderful weather.

A beautiful Saturday afternoon without a cloud in the sky.
This was my little Saturday adventure Hank and I went on before I had to work at Red Lobster. My second to last day! It was just one of those perfect, cool days were you can hike for two hours and barely break a sweat. Hiking and backpacking in the wilderness without any one else around is such a wonderful experience. I truly do come in touch with myself and experience true solitude. But I also love being at the park even when its crowded. I usually hates crowds! Who doesn't? Who wants to wait an extra 30 seconds for a gas pump after they pull into a Speedway? Who smiles when a person with a cart filled with groceries cuts them off right before the check out counter?
But the park is different. Especially on this day. I really did enjoy seeing every one out enjoying and taking advantage of the weather. Fishing, roller blading, hiking, walking their dogs...I even saw some teenagers making out in the woods. I was thinking of letting Hank off his leash to go and bother them, but the good little birdie inside said "no."
All in all, everything was fantastic.
























1 comment:

  1. Clapper, the owl! He's an old buddy of mine. Once drew blood from my head. We've since made up.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Who am I? What do I enjoy doing? And what stage of my life am I in? I don't have an answer to these questions. My goal is for you construct your own opinion of who you think I am through your own observations. Another intention of mine is to reach out to others and help them do something that is difficult. Look at their life and make an assessment. Do we like what we see? Have I made a difference in another persons life? And so on....